Integrate Engineering Resources MINDFUL EMPLOYER® Charter
Wednesday 2nd January 2019
Integrate Engineering Resources Ltd are proud to be part of MINDFUL EMPLOYER® Charter. It demonstrates our commitment to supporting Mental Health in the industry.
The Charter for Employers who are Positive about Mental Health is a voluntary agreement seeking to support employers in working within the spirit of its positive approach. The Charter is one element of the MINDFUL EMPLOYER® initiative which is aimed at increasing awareness of mental health in the workplace and supporting businesses in recruiting and retaining staff.
A wide range of employers from all over the UK are involved in the initiative which gives businesses and organisations easier access to information, practical support, training, networks and assistance from other employers.
As an employer we aim to:
• Show a positive and enabling attitude to employees and job applicants with mental health issues. This will include positive statements in local recruitment literature.
• Ensure that all staff involved in recruitment and selection are briefed on mental health issues and The Equality Act 2010, and given appropriate interview skills.
• Make it clear in any recruitment or occupational health check that people who have experienced mental health issues will not be discriminated against and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
• Not make assumptions that a person with a mental health issue will be more vulnerable to workplace stress or take more time off than any other employee or job applicant.
• Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to individual staff who experience mental health issues.
• Ensure all line managers have information and training about managing mental health in the workplace.
Demands from employers and clients, low margins and a culture of confrontation can create a perfect storm for mental health issues to develop. The pressures and demands faced at work can create huge stress and anxiety - which can be pushed to the edge if a project runs into difficulties.
MINDFUL EMPLOYER is a UK-wide initiative. More information can be found at: www.mindfulemployer.net